Friday, November 7, 2008

Lost in Thought

Today I did something out of character. I went out to lunch by myself. It was interesting. It gave me time to sit, think and reflect. This is something I don't seem to ever get to do. I'm always sidetracked with Aubrey and she demands all my attention. But, my quiet lunch gave me time to think.

Naturally, my mind went right to Aubrey and then to Brooklyn. I sat and watched the people come and go. How is it that all those strangers have no idea that I've lost a child? They have no idea where I've been in life and what road I'm on now. They have no idea that I'm a mother to two children... one on Earth and one in Heaven.

I remember thinking similar thoughts when I was at the hospital day in and day out with Brooklyn. While sitting in the waiting room, or in the cafeteria, I'd look around. I had no idea why those parents were there. Maybe their child was fighting for their life or maybe they were just there to visit a friend who just had a baby in the maternity ward.

Everyone is fighting their own battle of some sort. Everyone has baggage. I just don't understand why some people are given huge burdens to bare.

No comments: